From 2012 to 2019, the Missouri Pesticide Collection Program has conducted 50 events, collecting more than 530,000 pounds of waste pesticide from 1,571 participants. In 2020, the department will again collect herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, rodenticides, dewormers, fly tags and fertilizer containing pesticides. Events are held from 8 a.m. to noon at these locations, which include MFA Agri Services in Montgomery City and our local affiliate in Clinton.
- April 11 — Heritage Tractor, 3285 N. US Hwy. 63, West Plains
- May 16 — Greenway Equipment, 20919 State Hwy. 114, Dexter
- June 13 — Northeast Missouri Fairgrounds, 2700 E. Illinois Street, Kirksville
- Aug. 1 — MFA Agri Services, 226 N. Walker Street, Montgomery City
- Aug. 29 — Hundley-Whaley Research Center, 1109 S. Birch Street, Albany
- Oct. 10 — Farmers Elevator and Supply Co., 511 S. Center Street, Clinton
At these events, approved hazardous waste contractors will send the chemicals to a permitted incineration facility.
To participate, keep all pesticides in original containers and identify those not in original containers or with missing labels. Do not mix the pesticides with other materials, like used motor oil or antifreeze. Make sure lids are tightly sealed. If the container is leaking, place it in a larger container with a non-flammable absorbent, such as clay-based cat litter. Secure waste pesticides upright in a cardboard box and transport in the back of a pickup truck, trailer or car trunk. Keep flammables out of direct sunlight and away from sources of heat.
A hazardous waste contractor will unload the waste pesticides from your vehicle. Non-pesticide waste brought to the event will be rejected and sent back with the participant.
For more information, visit online at dnr.mo.gov/env/ hwp/pesticide/ or call 573-751-0616.
- Hits: 784